The best by far is you
2. If you’re too numb to feel the ground when you get up in the morning, stay in bed.
3. Don’t let anyone make you feel smaller than you’d like to.
4. Your parents are getting older too.
5. No one is paying attention to you; they’re self-conscious enough about themselves.
5. Cut your hair instead of your wrist.
6. If you feel the need to change something about yourself, it’s okay. No one is stopping you. Change is good.
7. Water is also good.
8. Sleeping is important. Your brain is still expanding.
9. Writing angry letters to the people who hurt you and then burning them makes the sting go away for a while.
10. Now is the time to make mistakes.
11. Letting people go is part of life, and keeping toxic people in your life will not help you grow.
12. Don’t take yourself too seriously. Being able to laugh at yourself is a talent.
13. 5 years from now, it’ll be okay.
14. Recovery takes time.
15. Remember to eat everyday.
16. Return overdue library books.
17. Do things to make yourself feel positive, whether it’s cleaning your room, doing your hair, or planting flowers. You’ll feel accomplished.
18. Sometimes breathing is the only thing you’ll feel strong enough to do. That’s okay.
19. Never forget how important self-expression is.
20. Don’t give up.
Tonight, she brushes her teeth
with the razor
washes her mouth with perfume
applies the red with her left
hand, powders her nose with
Tonight, she isn’t just pretty.